I am doing what most everyone does at the beginning of the year. I’m reflecting at all God has done in the past year and looking forward to this coming one. It’s always amazing to me to look back on a year and think of all of the things God accomplished and how many of them I had no idea were coming. I know that 2013 is going to be a big year for Mercy for Mamas. I have no idea what all of that entails, but I guess that is part of the fun.
We’ve had some exciting stuff happening the past couple of weeks.
- For those who missed it on Facebook, we posted beautiful pictures of Mary and Sweet Baby Kevin (posted below). I love to see her smile! Thank you for playing a small part in this woman’s story.
- Through our partnership with The Hope Venture we were able to send more than $4000 to Uganda to purchase more mama kits. We’re going to be able to help stock several new free medical clinics. Thank you so much for your generous gifts!
- I got to speak to a group of ladies in Dallas/Fort Worth. We had a great night of reuniting with old friends and making new ones. We made more than $500 for mama kits and I think we have several great new partners in ministry.
- Planning is underway for the next Mercy for Mamas mission trip. We’re planning a trip for June (still working on exact dates). I am excited to see how this trip is going to take shape. Pray for wisdom as all of the details are ironed out.
- A couple of new speaking engagements are in the works. Details to follow when the time comes!
|Baby Kevin, healthy and growing.|
If you and your group (women’s group, church, children’s group, small group, or just a group of friends) are looking for a great cause to support, we’d love for you to consider Mercy for Mamas. I’d be happy to come talk to your group (as long as I can get there!). Or I can get you the materials needed to make your own presentation.
Here are just a few ideas that other groups have done… a preschool collected money for us in a special campaign of giving, a bible study group chose us to receive their weekly offering, a little girl held a lemondade/bake sale, a church collected money on mother’s day, a group of ladies held a special tea to tell their friends about us, others have included us in their baby showers, and we were the weekly offering for a Vacation Bible School. These are just a few ideas of how you can help us out. I’m sure you all can come up with many more.
|Speaking in DFW, Cody may have been watching football while doing powerpoint for me. Silly boy!|
If you are interested in a Mercy for Mamas presentation, email me to schedule (firstname.lastname@example.org). Big or small groups, I just love to share my passion and how God is using this ministry. The great thing about Mercy for Mamas is that every donation from $7-$7000 makes a difference and can truly impact a woman’s life. I get all excited when I think about how much hope this $7 gift can give a precious woman.
|I can’t wait to see what beautiful mamas we will meet this year.|