There are several ways you can get involved with our work.
- First off, we would love for you to share about what we do and why you support us with your friends and family. If you can talk about us personally or via social media it helps us a lot.
- Host a Mercy for Mamas party! Get a group of your friends together, show them our videos, sell our jewelry and handmade Ugandan crafts, and depending on your location we might be able to provide someone to talk about their experiences with Mercy for Mamas in Uganda. You could host this gathering at your home, your church, small group, mom’s group, work, etc!
- Invite Melissa (our director) to speak at an event! She loves to share about Mercy for Mamas and all God is doing in Uganda. She could speak at a retreat, women’s ministry event, missions event, church, mother’s group, etc.
- Go on a trip! At least once a year, Mercy for Mamas leads a team to Uganda. We host prenatal education seminars, visit crisis pregnancy centers, do basic checkups, and visit with our ministry partners. You can apply to be on the team. We always love to have doulas, midwives, RNs, or others with labor/delivery experience, but we can use all types of people. We need people to play with children, pray, give devotions, organize and help with distributions, photographers, writers, counsel, etc. Make sure to follow our work here and on our Facebook page to find out when we will be accepting applications.
- Donate items or skills or SHOP!! We host an annual online auction to raise funds for our work. We need donations of items to put in the auction. We also need people to shop! The auction is in late November or early December. It’s a great way to buy Christmas gifts.
- Get creative! Do you have another way you think you might be able to help us? Let us know. We’d love to hear about it!